Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Rain's back...

Well, it looks like the rain's back. Not that I mind. I actually enjoy it. Especially when I get to stay home, sleep late and be a lazy slug. I love the sound of the rain, it's so soothing. Especially lying in bed, all nestled and warm. Not today, off to work I must go! Even tho my boss is in China (Hong Kong & Shanghi), she's so lucky!
My boyfriend's parakeets are currently visiting me. The green female is Savana and the blue male is Houdini (earned because of his escape escapades!). Speaking of birds. How bout that ring-neck duck in Tallahassee? She is amazing! Not only did she survive being shot, but then she lived for 2 days in a refrigerator. When the hunter's wife opened the frig, much to her astonishment, the duck looked up at her! The duck, now named Perky, underwent surgery to repair the gunshot-damaged wing. There on the operating table she had a close call again, she stopped breathing. But thanks to the vet's CPR, she made it! What an incredible story and what a survivor!!

No comments: