Friday, February 9, 2007

About last night...

I was leaving Mom's house last night after watching the shows (we always watch Survivor and CSI together). Driving down the freeway I happened to look over to the other side of the freeway and there were all these flashing (red, white and blue) lights. There were police cars, ambulances, fire trucks, etc. All the traffic was blocked off from the other direction. I don't know what happened, but it must've been something really gnarly. Then closer to home, I was driving over a bridge, and when I came down the other side I saw a strange sight indeed. A large old house was being driven down the middle of the street. It took up all four lanes! I've seen this before, especially where I live now, but it's still an unusual sight. To see a house going down the road, especially at night. Kinda eerie and it makes me wonder: Where did it come from? Where was it going? Who lived there? What kind of memories are left inside?

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

GIRL! I did not know this was here! WooHoo!I am now properly "in-the-know"...Cheers darlin'!!

When they moved our neighbors house it was very surreal to see it travel down the street ---- i think it was purchased to become a new fixtuer in Kemah...don't know though!

Cheers!

Shelli said...

chip, chip, cherio to you too, my dear! LOL
hope ya'll are havin a great wkend!