Thursday, February 1, 2007

Mississippi Mud Pie

What a day, what a drag. Today's rent day. But maybe even worse than that, I must return to the dentist. I went yesterday for a routine check-up and was told I have 2 cavities. And my blood pressure was up. Wonder if that was b/4 or after the news?
My driveway (unpaved) these days resembles mud pie, hence today's title. It's always so lovely to slosh through it, from my front door to my car, where it always ends up all over my matts.
Today's the 1st of February. Mom said she heard there were only 6 days of sunshine in January. I believe it! It's been pretty dismal weather. Here's hoping Feb's better! Well, I know it will be. There are so many fun things coming up:
Sun 2/4 - Super Bowl
Wed 2/14 - Valentine's Day
Sat 2/17 - Galveston Mardi Gras
Sun 2/18 - Chinese New Year
Sat 2/24 - Rodeo Parade
Sun 2/25 - Academy Awards

4 comments:

Michael-Ann said...

Dontchya just hate all this muddy nastiness?!!! Our backyard would make a great place for 50 simultaneous tag-team mud-wrestlers to have a go at it!

GOOD MORNING YOU! :)

Shelli said...

good mornin sunshine!! is it still morning? LOL
oooh....mud wrestling!! now, there's a thought!! hee hee
are ya'll gonna be at the mkt sat?

Michael-Ann said...

Oh yes indeedy! Especially now that I read over in Mrs. C's blog your gracious offer to bring the spirits of Mexico to the market with ya!

Had to smile at the whole mud-wrestling thang, only because mud wrestling with you would not be unlike painting with you i presume :) :) !!!!

Buttttt really, yes, I am spoze to be there with booth and perhaps some crazy knitters who want to sell off a surplus of knitted garments they happen to have in their possession.

Shelli said...

yes, it's our dear friend Jose Cuervo Especial! LOL
so, btwn that and the knittas guess we'll be warm!
you're so funny (mud-wrestling and my painting style)!