Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"Two fer Tues" and Fat Tues

Remember how the clubs used to have "monikers" for the weekdays? Maniac Mon, Two fer Tues, Hump Day (Wed), Thur - I don't recall -- but it's now "Shows Night" for me and Mom and my personal fav T.G.I.F. Fri's (Thank God it's Fri!).
On a different note, remember a book called "The Art Spirit"? It was a cool book to help artists tap into and help maintain their creative juices, flow, spirit, etc. One of the things it recommended was doing "the morning pages." Just get up each morn and go write 3 pages. It helps to get your thoughts in order, among other things. It's a great exercise and now this blog is my morn pages, although I don't do 3 pgs and it's not always in the morn.
I awoke this morn at 5am and was reminded of something in Carolyn's blog re: the early morn hours and how peaceful and enjoyable they are. And she's absolutely right! It's like, for just a short period of time, you own your own little corner of the world. The nice, quiet, peaceful tranquility. Before the commuters start rushing around like crazy, before the dogs start barking, even before the birds greet the morning with their melodic salutations. And cogitating on all this brought back memories of when I lived in Clear Lake, on the lake. It was such a nice existence. When I'd get up in the morn's to go to work (Med Ctr) I'd see the sunrise over the lake. Upon my return in the eve's, I'd watch the sun, from the patio balcony, set behind the Hilton. But the best part was the weekend. Michael and I would get up at the crack of dawn, go downstairs to the boat slip and take out his jet boat. We'd motor out on the lake and at that time of the morn it was perfectly calm and still, like a giant mirror, not even one ripple marring the glass-like surface. We'd be on the lake when the sun came up, talk about a beautiful sunrise(!), with all the reds, oranges, pinks, yellows, lavenders and blue sky reflected in the water around us. Then off we'd go to explore the back waters of Clear Creek, which went all the way past (and under) I-45 near League City.

3 comments:

Michael-Ann said...

Hmmm...sounds like you and I lived in the same apartments on the lake. I lived in Clear Lake Garden apartments back in the mid-to-late 70's...would watch the sunset over by the Hilton. At the time, the Hilton was really the only landmark on the shore of the lake, other than apartments. I have canoed all over the same places you mentioned. :)

Shelli said...

how cool is that??!! the place we lived was called The Landing. i love the water! and the 4th of July fireworks over the water were so pretty!
hi Boo!

Michael-Ann said...

Hi Booboooo :) I remember The Landing, it was closer to Nasa than the apartments I lived in were. I used to LOVE watching the fireworks over the lake, as I recall, it got to the point where SO many boaters came out for the fireworks that you could practically walk across the lake stepping from boat to boat.